Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Turkey! (The country, not the bird)

As you probably already know, I love to travel! And it's such a shame that I don't get to do it a lot. I study, work, go out and try to have a little fun, together with paying the rent and other bills every single month. I don't have a lot of money to spare... But every year, every summer holiday, I HAVE to go somewhere. Somewhere where it is hot, where the people are happy and where you can lay on the beach, swim in the blue sea, get a tan and drink cocktails all day. I have done the cultural holiday more than once, and I kind of feel like doing a sun, sea and beach (zon, zee en strand) holiday. All of these things I am not able to find here in The Netherlands, obviously... Most terrible western country to live, in my opinion. A lot of you will probably disagree big time with me on this one, but believe me I can't be convinced. With almost 20 years of experience in this tiny, little country, I think I get a say.



Anyhow, after figuring out how to pay for this very important holiday, the next issue came a long... Where to go? The biggest luxury problem ever, but still, not an easy one to solve. I wanted to go somewhere I've never been before, this excludes all the countries outside of Europe, because of the fact that I don't have the money to fly that far. So, europe it is... I've been to France, Spain, Italy, Switserland, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece and the Canarian Islands. So basically, the two biggest destination possibilities left were Portugal and Turkey. Ok, we can work with this.


After doing some research, I realized that I think Portugal is a little overpriced. Besides, I would love to go on an All Inclusive holiday, something I've never done before. And when this conclusion had been made, the choice was pretty easy. Turkey it is. The weather is always amazing, often even a little to hot. The people are incredibly nice and resorts are unbelievable, but affordable. Sooo, I asked around and Bodrum was the lucky winner. We, my boyfriend and I, will be staying in either one of these two hotels:


Diamond of Bodrum

Diamond of Bodrum

Voyage Hotel Bodrum 

Voyage Hotel Bodrum


I'll keep you posted on which one will make the cut, but whichever it'll be, it's going to be lovely for sure. I can't wait! Even though it may not be my dream destination, it's still pretty damn great that I'm able to do these kinds of things. And I'll get so tannnn!


love,

No comments:

Post a Comment