Friday, July 20, 2012

Early birthday gift no. 1

A few days ago I got my first early birthday gift! And I have fallen in love. my previous watch was very classic and a little boring to be honest. Silver, with a rectangular dial and greek signs for numbers. I think you can kind of picture what it looks like. It was a DKNY watch and I had worn it with love, but it was time for a different one. My boyfriend thought so, too. And that is when I got this watch, way before my actual birthday.





I'm not sure why I got it already, but blinded by love, I really don't care. I adore it. It's a golden-silver Fossil watch with little diamond-like stones around the dial and an elaborate dial with date and day pointers included. Another color combination that it came in was silver with rose gold. Pretty ofcourse, but with an eye on durability, I chose for the pure golden tone. Firstly, because I don't own any rose gold jewellery and secondly, I can now wear both gold and silver jewellery at the same time. Yay :D. I'm a true fan of Fossil watches. They're affordable, fun and they have a long life.
 


















I have noticed that less and less people are wearing watches these days. One of the reasons is probably that everybody is carrying there phones around all the time. This reminds me of an episode of The Hills, in which Lauren is working as an intern at a photo shoot and the client she is working for that day asks her what time it is, sees her watchless wrists and asks with confusion where here watch is. "You have to wear a watch! How do you know what time it is?!" "I always have my phone with me." Now, I don't thinks that watches are to be worn to know time, but I do think that they're the most fashionable and intelligent accessories. One of those classy, old-fashioned watch boxes is added to my wish list.

Source: www.fossil.com


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment